Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A little passing...

Found a bird just sitting on my lawn today; it didn't move when I got close. Seems it was hurt somehow, so I put it in a padded box on my porch since we expect big storms tonight. I let him alone for an hour to two so he could calm down after being handled. I went back out and Curran thought we should sing him a song. We sang Twinkle Twinkle, and the bird started moving a lot and opening his beak. Curran ran off, and I picked up the bird, hoping it wouldn't have to stuffer too much longer. I sang a lullaby and oh-so-poetically, in the last line of the song, it stopped breathing. Talk about a bittersweet moment.

3 comments:

Douglas Underhill said...

Wow, that's beautiful.

Eddie Louise said...

You share your gentle and caring nature with my birth daughter who had to give every suffering creature ease and a prayer to ride to heaven on.

I am blessed to have two such loving daughters!

Tia Erika said...

That actually made me cry, and you know I don't do that often...