Thursday, June 17, 2010

For your amusement...

My first attempt at poetry in quite a while, and written while sick and trying to fall asleep. So don't be too harsh :P

Why I Love The Night


The silent dark of evening
Is like being surrounded by subtle mirrors
Where you see reflections too dim to perceive in the day

When we look in these night mirrors
We start to remember the right questions
We don’t ask “Do I look pretty?” we ask “Am I happy?”

In the quiet hours of our day and of our minds
We find ourselves - like adored stuffed animals
Temporarily lost under a pile of dirty clothes, schoolbooks, and the day’s dishes

As we find ourselves again
And contemplate these hidden reflections
We start to remember priorities and passions

In the dark the possibilities
Are only limited by creativity and imagination
Instead of time and money

The midnight hour blessedly conceals complications
So our spirit can soar over chasms of “How”
And speed past deserts of “When”
To any place at all


(copyright Stacia A.C.)

3 comments:

Douglas Underhill said...

My amusement: because you published this poem, even via a blog, it is automatically copyrighted. :)

Eddie Louise said...

You are a bit rusty, but this poem has great promise.

I really like the imagery and you have a lovely turn of phrase.

Your final stanza is the strongest and if you decide to re-work it start there.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.