Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My current battle...

I've always really enjoyed food, and certainly I've enjoyed it too much =)

Since we moved nine months ago I gained over fifteen new pounds I didn't need. My back started being in pain every day and none of my clothes fit anymore. So two weeks ago I started learning about how many calories I actually consume normally (and what I should be eating) and exercising every day. It has made me grouchy a few days - eating less that is - but it's starting to pay off already.

My wedding ring fits back on my finger now (I had to move it to my pinky especially with the warm weather), my back doesn't hurt every day and I've lost three or so pounds. And I haven't been starving myself at all, just eating reasonably and being active. So wish me luck to keep up my willpower. I don't want weight-induced diabetes and I want to wear my clothes again...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for weight loss and healthy eating- it will give you so much more energy too! And Avery looks like he is growing out of his britches they are growing so fast...

~Tia

Douglas Underhill said...

go stacia!

check out livestrong.org - its what i use. you can use it for free to log all of your food and exercise (careful, they tend to over-estimate how much you burn when exercising) and it has a searchable database of all kinds of common foods and what's in them

anyway, good luck. oddly, pam and i are also targeting 15 pounds...we'll see how that goes

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.